Sunday 27 September 2015

Week 3 - MTC Provo



MAURI AU UTU!!

This week has gone by so quickly but the days have been so long. its a weird sensation. 
Kiribati District - Provo MTC
An update on the language: Elder Graham and I are now teaching 15 minute lessons in the Kiribati language with out notes and we are finally feeling like we are teaching with the spirit. Elder Graham has crazy photographic memory and I am having to work extra hard to keep up with him but we are both feeling really good about our progress. Definitely feel like the gift of tongues is real. I don't know if I've told ya'll but I really love this language, its so metaphoric. For example the word for sorry is KABWARA AU BURE which translates exactly to "untie my sins". Its so cool!
Thank you for all the Birthday wishes it was a nice day, my district sang me happy birthday for breakfast and lunch, and the sisters made me a "candy" necklace and a card which was really nice. Unfortunately I didn't get my Crispy Cream Donuts and TimTams until Thursday but it was nice to enjoy some Vegemite toast this morning and teach everyone how to do  a TIM TAM slam. 
Something I thought Mum would like to know is that one of my teachers who served in Kiribati is now deaf in the left ear because of an ear infection he suffered from in country, so plenty to look forward too ;) 

Don't have much more news, days are really repetitive at the MTC so if there is anything in particular you want know about ask me and I'll try and tell you as much as I can. 
Something I've learnt this week is how much we are blessed for being obedient with exactness. When we are doing what's right with exactness I definitely am able to speak and understand the language better and feel the spirit more. 

The photos attached are from our Sunday walk which was really nice! We as a district sat underneath the shade of a tree and listened to some YSA playing the violin.
Sorry about the lack of detail in Emails, Elder Graham types 3 times faster than me! 

Okay till next week!

TIABO NGKAMI!!

Love Elder Berends


No comments:

Post a Comment