Sunday 20 September 2015

Week 2 - MTC Provo

Christus Statue, SLC.
Its Danien's second week at the Missionary Training Centre in Provo, Utah and its getting a little easier for Dad who is missing his son severely, the first week was a write off at work, couldn't concentrate without something reminding me of him, whether it was a plane flying overhead, a song, or the picture in my wallet. It has been physically and mentally draining, however, this second week has been a lot better and we now look forward to Saturday mornings when emails start arriving around 4am. What a great start to the weekend.




MAURI DAD!

...Say hi to all my St Vincents family for me (work colleagues at St Vincents Private Hospital Brisbane where Danien worked the past 13 months to save up for his mission)! Tell them I miss them and that the visa card has been a great help...

...P-day (day off) is Friday for our district. I' ve taught the whole district the "Aussie Oi" chant because every one is American except for 2 sisters, one from Fiji and the other PNG, and an and Elder Ellis from Temple View, New Zealand who went to school with Ezra (Daniens Cousin)...

...Also for my birthday could you send me a couple of cool neck ties? I gotta step up my tie game (I told Danien before he left that he needed more ties as this would be the only part of his dress he could vary from day to day, didn't listen and now what does he want?)...

Our district was talking to 4 sisters from Kiribati heading to the Philippines. They're so lovely! I cannot wait to be serving in Kiribati. They think its hilarious when we say "I KANI MATE" when they ask how we are. The exact translation is "I desire to die". It was one of the first phrases our teacher taught us. I love their sense of humour...

...The language is coming along nicely. I'm praying and bearing testimony in Kiribati now. Elder Graham and I have now taught 4 lessons in Kiribati now, the fourth we did without any notes so we had to listen to our investigator (our teacher) to know what he needed to hear. It went surprisingly good!...


Elder Berends & Elder Graham outside Provo Temple
... I heard this cool quote. "Christ turns outward to others when the Natural Man would turn inward". For example after Christ Atoned for our sins AND had been betrayed by one of his apostles, he still turned outward and healed the man who had his ear cut off which is amazing! I cant imagine enduring all that pain and suffering then still desire to help others...

 TIABO, Love Elder Berends.



The District - all Elders & Sisters going to Kiribati





No comments:

Post a Comment