Monday 1 February 2016

Week 20 - Kiritimati, Tabakaia 1st (Companion: Elder Afatasi)

Email dated: 1 February 2016

Hey family,

Te wiki aio... it was alright, I've been studying in only Kiribati including read BoM in Kiribati, and I'm learning and understanding so much, only problem now is using all these new words I know when I am so used to using the vocab I use now.
We had a baptism again this week! We've hit our goals for baptisms 2 months in a row now. This weeks baptism was Nei (kinda like Miss but for all girls) Ana. The first time we met Nei Ana we were at a Dinner at a members house, and Ana lived in the same house. At the end of the dinner we asked if she wanted lessons and she told us she was Seventh Day Adventist. BUT she would listen. So we taught her and she kept taking lessons, her faith grew and grew and it got to the point that she started getting on to us about when she was going to be baptised (because we've been really busy and haven't been able teach as much as we'd like).

So we got her married to her partner this Tuesday and was baptized this Saturday! She is so great, she's one my favorites and what made her extra special for me was I had the opportunity to do her confirmation. It's the first I've ever done, and it was in Kiribati. I quickly learnt the confirmation part before hand but had no idea what I was going to say for the blessing. However, I confirmed her and gave her a blessing I honestly can't remember, I just remember saying stuff until I freaked out, stopped relying on the spirit, and started worrying about what I was going to say. It was bad, Elder Afatasi says he was really impressed, but I can honestly say I was led by the spirit.

Anyway, that's enough about me, I'm so happy for Nei Ana and her testimony was amazing, just like all the converts. Sorry this is just a short email, I tried to email people I haven't emailed in a while this week. Pictures from last weeks and this weeks baptism are on Google Drive. I'll let you know, I'm healthy, loving my area, the people, the culture, the language and the Lord.

Love y'all
Love Elder Berends.





No comments:

Post a Comment