Monday 29 February 2016

Week 24 - Kiritimati, Tabakaia 1st (Companion: Elder Beacham)

Email Dated: 29 February 2016


Hey Fam.
That's sweet mum! Glad you got what you wanted (New Job)! Parcel hasn't come yet... probs because planes are messed up. 

So, things have really changed here in Kiritimati. No my companion, Elder Miller, did not come neither did anyone Else's. So right now there is only 4 elder on this Island and its still not confirmed if the 4 replacements are coming this week. So for this week I have be working Ronton and Tabwakea 1st with Elder Beacham, who by the way is such a cool Elder. 

So we spent one day working in Ronton and the other in Tabwakea 1st. Its not practical because there is so much work to be done in both areas and we are also performing senior couple duties. However, its really fun getting to know Ronton's investigators and introducing Tabwakea 1st investigators to Elder Beacham.
On Tuesday we had a baptism for Kanoo Bitauea, he was going to be baptized this Saturday but he really wanted to be Baptized before Elder Afatasi left.

It was really nice service and almost a perfect way to end his time. Working with out Elder Afatasi has been really different but since him being gone I have got a lot closer with our investigators because before hand, Elder Afatasi was the person to go to for questions because obviously he is really good at the language. 

So yeah this week has been a lot of growth for me, being more independent... having to lead lessons, contact referrals, etc. also on Sunday, so that every Elder could be at their own sacrament meeting, we all went on splits with YSA. I went with Tateroti, he's preparing to serve a mission right now. It was really good day, speak nothing but Kiribati, teaching the whole of lessons, it really gave me confidence that I can be a missionary with out training wheels. Oh, and in this week alone I picked up 5 new investigators.

I'll have to tell you all about them and all the other great experiences another time or wait until I get back and you can read my journal.
I love y'all
Love Elder Berends.

No comments:

Post a Comment