Saturday 10 October 2015

Week 5 - MTC Provo

Mauri mauri am utu!
I loved general conference especially Elder Holland's talk about Mothers. its so true that a mothers love for a child is as pure as love can get! You guys are going to love it. I also enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf's talk on making our discipleship in the church simple and building our testimonies on the plain and simple truths of the gospel. And the Prophets testimony was so powerful and after hearing it, made me realize how much we might take the Prophet for granted.
The story about the Elder in Kiribati... I actually meat an Elder who was in his stake and told me the story the week before. its an amazing story, I hope I can be like that during hard trails. To end General conference we had BYU Vocal Point! preform to us live and for there last song they did "Nearer my God to Thee" it sounded just like what Dad and Rhys would play on repeat. it was amazing. 

For Tuesday night Devotional we had the Relief Society General President, Linda K. Burton talk to us! that was really cool she spoke on the importance of prophets and apostle and she shared some of her experience she had with them, even from when she was 14 living in NZ and Thomas S. Monson sat beside her and watched a Basketball game. 

The Package from Elder Grahams mum was huge it was filled with 18 packs of Tim Tams so  our district are Tim tam slamming every night. it was really cool of her. 
The language is getting better, we had our first Skype call with someone from Kiribati, and we were to get to know him pretty well, he's studying at BYU Hawaii and I was able to tell him that Dad studied rocks there even though that's probably not true, he is 28 years old, has a wife no children, from Tarawa, served a mission in Sydney North, and we shared a spiritual thought for 30mins all in 100% Kiribati. it was definitely one of my favorite experience to far. but yes it going to be hard to ask for directions because Kiribati people aren't very precise. for example point with nose and say its next to a coconut tree or something. they'll never use street addresses if there even is any. but i cant wait! 

By the way I've got my travel plans... they're a bit confusing but I'm sure you'll work it out. ill send a picture. 
Cool thing about the language: the word for charity is " Te Tangira ae Kororoai". example translation is "the Love which is Perfect". so cool!!
Last thing, an SBS film crew is here at the MTC doing a documentary about some Elder in our Zone going to FIJI. its the elders i told you about last week from Logan and Ipswich. There going with them to FIJI as well and the presenter is going to tag along with them and see what its like being a missionary. so when it airs look about for me in the background, their class is right next to ours so I'm bound to make the cut ;) 

Okay nice hearing from you!

Tiabo Ngkami! 
Tangira Elder Berends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment