Sunday 18 October 2015

Week 6 - MTC Provo

Mauri Au Utu! 
Last week in MTC!
Mum said I should be making the most of the food at the MTC before I hit the Islands where the diet will be fish and rice, and also whether I was getting sick of it too?  Sometimes I get sick of the food but to be honest its not bad at all, some night its really good! And yes there is a pizza day (Saturday) and ice cream day (Wednesday).
Every week we have service duties and my service every week is cleaning our residence building. I usually do the rubbish, recycling and vacuuming. And I got to welcome new missionaries this Wednesday, its called Hosting and you help new Missionaries with their luggage, help them get their books, show them to their residence and classroom. I really enjoyed meeting several new missionaries but it was awkward standing there as they say their goodbye and you have to tell them to hurry along.
Also this week we had Infield Orientation, which was all about how important members are in Missionary work so I'm happy to hear you are helping the missionaries in your ward... One of the greatest miracles is seeing somebody being converted to the Lord and you could be apart of it!
Had another TRC Skype lesson yesterday, which was fun for about 5 mins until the connection in Tarawa went bad so we weren't able to continue video chatting but we did try teaching him through text. 
Favorite Kiribati word for the week is the word for Air Plane: "Wanakibu" which translates to "Flying Canoe". 
Sorry not much else from the MTC , just really excited to be heading to Kiribati! There is a possibility I'll head straight to an outer island because of how big the wave of missionaries is, so if you don't hear from me, I'm alright. 
I am sending my suit home so expect that in the mail some time. Photos from this week are in Drop Box, I promise these will be the last photos of the Provo Temple.
Okay iI'l write again on Tuesday Morning. 
I tangariko au utu! 
Taibo 
Love Elder Berends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment