Wednesday 2 August 2017

Week 90 - Betio 1st, Tarawa (Companion: Elder Taylor)

Hey,

So there's changes in Betio right now, Betio 3rd right now has no missionaries and Elder Taylor and I have been moved to Betio 1st ward and we are 'white washing' (both of us are new to the area). I wasn't very happy about that but there are reasons ... I'm not going to be trunky. We don't sing "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord" for nothing, and as usual I'll fall in love with my new area, just got to get through the first few weeks of not knowing anybody. 

The work here is great, we have plenty of investigators .... 

So yesterday was the first time at church in our new ward, Betio 1st, it was fast and testimony meeting so it was a perfect opportunity to introduce myself. After church was ward council which gave me some confidence in the ward and the bishopric. I actually mentioned one of our investigators, Kiaiai (who's 69yrs old) in our meeting and Bishop along with 2 other priesthood leaders offered to come with us and visit him that afternoon. It was a great lesson! I'm excited for what there is to come. 

So that's the update of what's going on in Betio. I'm so happy to hear that Rhys has his papers in, so stoked man! The mission will teach you a lot. 

School stuff... I've prayed about it and I don't think a film course is what I should do, so my only idea is business, and BYU Hawaii sounds sick. An interesting place with plently of opportunities to make some sweet films for fun. So the dream is studying business or something else at BYU Hawaii. I don't really need anything right now in parcel thanks. 

That's all,

Elder Berends

No comments:

Post a Comment