Monday 24 October 2016

Week 58 - Tarawa, Teaoraereke (Companion: Elder Parry)

Email Dated: 24/10/2016

My companion Elder Parry did arrive from Kiritimati! Elder Parry arrived in Tarawa Thursday. I actually got to work with him for a day in Kiritimati so we are already good friends, he's from Idaho and I'm really excited to work with him. 

Tebwebwe and family did not get baptized because of women problems... but will be baptized next week with Karemwa, Aborina, Rotikate and Ueen. So it'll be a big baptism next week. Utara's marriage paper is ready to go so once he is married he'll be baptized but right now he is a little busy, his wife is in the hospital giving birth! So it's all very exciting. 

We also had some one new at church this week, our investigator Tiaon! He is so legit we teach him and his wife Nei Aabi. They have 5 kids and I'm really feeling good about them. I remember when we first met them we were actually looking for a referral so we approached their house to ask them if they knew the referral. They didn't but they invited us in for a drink, so did we got to know them, found out that they were already married (which makes our life so much easier), don't really have any specific religion (so rare in Kiribati) and were willing to listen to our message. Those circumstances have so much potential so really excited for them. 

Yes we did watch conference in Kiribati, and what I got from conference was that the Book of Mormon is so important, I felt a lot was talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism...) and I really liked the talk in Priesthood session, I think it was Holland's. we talked a lot about home teaching, which is something that Kiribati needs right now with all the less actives. The lessons I learnt from conference have really helped with my teaching especially using the Book of Mormon to teach the gospel.

And its alright we get the magazine with all the conference talks anyway and I actually have a USB with all my photos from Tarawa that i could send, however I've lost all my photos from the MTC and Kiritimati because of the sketchy computers here :( But a lot of my Kiritimati photos are from Elder Millers camera anyway so I'm just gonna ask him to put up all the photo's on google drive.

So our zone consisted of Sister's Lee, Tutuila, Tuilotolava, Bibinibeia, Manu, Heni, Beria, Sua and Elder's Hoskins, Herr, Emor, Grant, and Parry. Then we have Elders Bataua, Curren, Osborne, Schoeny, Jim, Darm, Naurer, Hilliard on our outer islands. I feel like all are working really well with each other and getting some good work done. 

As for a trasnsfer coming up soon... I have no clue, there is a lot of talk that I will be transferred because I've been ZL for a while but when I first moved to ZL President Weir he wanted me here for all the big intakes which means to the end of the year, but we have a new President now so who knows. But I feel like my work here in Teaoraereke 2nd ward is not done... But that's what i felt about Kiritimati. 

So that's about it.

Love Elder Berends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment