Monday 10 October 2016

Week 56 - Tarawa, Teaoraereke (Companion: Elder Grant)

Email dated: 10/10/2016


So this P-day I've decided to reply to all those other friends that email me so I'll make my family email a short one, sorry...

But as I promised last week I'll share the funny story.

The District
So while the AP's (Assistants to the President) where in Tarawa they went on splits with us. Elders Emor, Hunter (AP) and I worked together.

So we have an investigator who is having lessons behind her fathers back, even thought she is 20 yrs old the culture is that you have permission from family if you are going to do such a thing as being taught in a different religion.

So our plan for that day was to just visit the father because she was scaried to tell him herself. So we talked to him and he said he would think about it, so I then asked if he would listen to our message and he said go teach my wife and children. So we had a really good leason about the Godhead, prayer and I introduced the Book of Mormon. At the end I ask if we could come back again, they said they will hear from the father.

So any way right as we closed in prayer Elder Emor said to me in his broken english, "I need to go bathroom" so me and Hunter said our final words but we weren't quick enough Elder Emor had ran away.

So we looked around and we eventually found him in a toilet guarded by a security guard, he told us he was in there. So we waited a little and then he came out and said, "we go to the house, I pood my garments" it was so funny, what was even funnier the poo smelt like the ice cream from the night before. so I'm pretty sure he is lactose intolorent and he doesn't even know it.

So yeah that's the story. We did have a baptism, was a 22 year old girl living with our bishop, and yes the family baptism is postponed, they are now married just trying to get the husband ready for baptism.

Yes, the new missionaries from the MTC did not come we were all at the airport waiting for them and was shocked when no one got off. It messed up a lot of flight tickets we had bought but they should be coming to day.

life is good

Love Elder Berends







No comments:

Post a Comment