Monday 6 June 2016

Week 38 - Tarawa, Temaiku 2nd (Companion: Elder Neeti)

Email dated: June 6, 2016

Kam na mauri!

Ngaia, so this week has been so good with some lame news to finish it off. Temaiku 2nd is doing so good now! All of our investigators are legit, had a lot of them at church this week even one at a Preach My Gospel class! and all of our investigators have people fellow-shipping. One of my favorite is Teteta (sent a photo of him me and Neeti), he is so legit, The questions he has makes me so happy, you can really tell he is searching for the truth. Missionary work is the best, so rewarding, especially when we start from nothing.

However, missionary work is the worst sometimes, so yeah you know how I said there was speculation on me moving to Zone Leader. So just this Friday it was confirmed, but not sure when I was leaving Temaiku, then Sunday we were told that we need to pack our bags because we are moving out Monday (today).

So now we have moved out of Temaiku, leaving behind all of our sweet investigators, new friends and members. Its leaving Kiritimati all over again except here we don't get a chance to say goodbye... ma iai ibukina (but there is a reason for it). So I'll be working Teaorareke (west side of Tarawa) as Zone Leader with Elder Smith from Canada and Elder Neeti will be heading to Makin (an outer island). 

It's not all bad, some really sweet sisters are taking over our area and I've been told the work is really good in Teaorareke... when there is time to do so :P. but yeah exciting changes, back to driving a car again and a chance to serve other missionaries. 

Really funny thing real quick, talking to Elder Neeti about things out side of Kiribati is the funniest. So when he was in New Zealnd for the MTC and went to Maccas and the way he described the drive through was so funny, he was so shocked when the box you make the order through talk back to the driver. And when he was in the MTC he was so intrigued with the vending machine this is how he described it:

"te titoa are uarereke ma akea te aomata are mena inanona ao ko a karina am money ao imwiina, e bwaka kanam" 

(a store which is small but no person which dwells inside it and you make enter your money and after, it falls your food)

Its so funny. Funny guy.

So yeah that's about it, didn't even make 3 weeks in Temaiku and I'm gone, but I love missionary work so much. Happy 17th birthday Rhys, for the week aei! And yes get him his own clothes hahaha, I'm literally going to have nothing when i get back, half of the luggage I brought over has been given away. Hey and maybe could send me some deer jerky once you nail your recipe, oh and thanks for the parcel with camera and stuff, thanks so much but yeah I'm still really bad at remembering to take photos, those 5 photos I sent are literally everything I've taken. Anything in particular ya'll want to see?

aight, love you all

Love Elder Berends






No comments:

Post a Comment