Tuesday 10 November 2015

Week 9 - Kiritimati

Danien wrote a long email, but lost it when it didn't save to drafts. So while waiting for his companion to use the internet he hand wrote everything he could remember from his email and took photos of the pages and put them in dropbox for us with some photos from the week.

Mauri!
[writing what I can remember from the email I wrote that didn't save as a draft]

So good to hear that Youth is going really good (Felicity is the YWs president and recently had a convert baptism into her YWs group). And send my congratulations to Emily and Mark (his cousin and her husband who had their third child last month) as well as Andrew (a friend who recently became engaged).

Dad! Be careful, I want to be able to go on some hikes with you without having to carry you on my back! (Mark tore a calf muscle/ligament/tendon? Last week, the third time in 6 weeks)

I'm praying for you guys that the house situation won’t be too stressful (after 10 and a half years we are moving house). Hope all of you are happy by the time it’s all over.

How was your week???

This week has been full of sickness.

On Monday night I ate a partially uncooked Hot Pocket not knowing it was a bad idea. On Tuesday I woke up vomiting and pooping so I didn't feel too great. However I was able to push myself to do 7 Lessons before I had to return home.

On Wednesday Elder Afatasi and I picked up the APs from the airport and then I went on splits with Elder Johnson, which was fun.

Oh, and we got hit by a motorcycle! Out of nowhere a motorcycle going 60 km/h hit my, and Elder Johnson’s, handle bars as well as Elder Johnson leg, ripping his pants open. It was a miracle no-one was hurt.

On Thursday Elder Afatasi got sick and vomited so that day was spent nursing him.

Friday and Saturday I got sick again so not many lessons done.

On Sunday I still felt like poo. And to make things better I was asked 1 hr before church to speak in sacrament meeting. I spoke about “Nakoa ni Ibonga” (Priesthood). I didn't go too badly, but was struggling to think in Kiribati.

Monday! APs took us on a fishing trip. Elder Hungai, Peeti and Openshaw caught some really big “Urura” and the APs, Openshaw and Davis, both caught themselves a shark! I gave it a go and had something really big on the line but the line snapped. But it was a great day!

So, overall, not too bad a week, was good to have the APs around. Sickness was a real pain, all I want to do is get stuck into the work. So I can’t wait to be healthy again so I can be 100% while teaching the Lord’s gospel.







No comments:

Post a Comment