Saturday 28 November 2015

Week 11 - Kiritimati

What's up Fam

Hows it going? I feel like that moving house is going to be really tough considering that down stair is a mess. how is the storage in the new house?

My poop problems are still occurring... I hope as well that it doesn't happen for my whole mission. However, it is not effecting my work at all which is good. It cant be the Kiribati food, I do eat raw fish occasionally but an easy meal people make for us will be chicken, rice and noodles. 

This week has been really good, I actually worked in London the whole week with Elder Darm. I have improved in the language so much, as I couldn't rely on Elder Darm to say everything as he has only been out a month longer and is still learning too. So instead of just bearing testimony I actually had to teach and ask questions in all the lessons. My conversation skills with people is getting a lot better as well.

When I heard that I'd be working with Elder Darm I was worried because how limited our Kiribati was, but we had really good lessons and are progressing well with some new investigators. One of them is Mirarin and have been really successful with her and she is progressing so much. We've taught her God is our heavenly father, prophets, restoration, Book of Mormon and Plan of Salvation 1st and 2nd lessons. 

I'm just blown away that God would trust Elder Darm and I (greenies) to teach investigators these important doctrines and we have, no doubt, had the help from the spirit.

Even though I'm enjoying working in London I do miss Tabwakea and I worry for our investigators. There's only Elders Johnson and Hungai working in Tabwakea 1st every other day. I just hope that they're doing okay and are being well prepared for baptism. 

By the way, I baptised an 8 year old Atenti in London, his parents are members but for some reason they like to get the missionaries to baptise everyone. It went really well, I did the baptism pray in Kiribati and it was an ocean baptism.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, I just forget to take pictures because I'm working hard.Only been burnt badly once and that was when we went fishing with AP's. Akea kanganga ma mosquitos (none difficulty with mosquitos). sleeping is good, clothes are slowly get less and less white but nothings broken yet. 

hope you guys have a really good week this week and have fun moving.


Love Elder Berends








No comments:

Post a Comment