Monday 1 May 2017

Week 85 - Betio 3rd ward, Tarawa (Companion: Elder Taylor)

Hello,

I am in Tarawa now, so I was told Thursday night, the day before my flight, that I would not be returning to Abaiang after Stake Conference. Was not happy. But anyways.

To soften the blow of leaving Abaiang I was welcomed by my new ward in Betio 3rd. It was almost like I had already worked in that ward before. And what cheered me up even more was being able to see everyone from my old ward in Teaoraereke 2nd during the stake conference we had on Sunday. Tiaon received the Melc. priesthood! Itwas great to see Tiaon and Aabi's family again, one of their children, Eeri, snuck up behind me and said "Elder Berends, ko roko ningai?!" (when did you arrive?) I also saw many others recent converts, Nei Tebwebwe, Nei Maggie. Other Recent converts received the priesthood, who I didn't get to see baptized. It was a great Stake Conference.


However, very sad to have left Abaiang with out getting a chance to say goodbye. All good though, there is a reason for it. Anyways, that's all for now, next week I'll try send photo's, I forgot to bring the sd card adapter.

Love you's

Elder Berends

No comments:

Post a Comment