Monday 26 September 2016

Week 54 - Tarawa, Teaoraereke (Companion: Elder Grant)

Hey,

So sorry I didn't email last week the internet got shut down before I got a chance and I wont have time right now to email much because I gotta leave for the airport in 40 mins to pick up a sister missionary who just got back from her visa appointment In Fiji. So she'll be working in Kiribati until she gets her visa for where ever she is going.

So these last 2 weeks has been pretty slow as Elder Grant and I got sick. I was only sick for 2 days but Elder Grant has been sick for over a week now, so the work has slowed down. However the baptisms of Omeri and Nei Tekabutara went really well. We had our old bishop/new stake president baptize Omeri and a YSA from our ward, Marako, baptize Tekabutara., it was very special for them both to have them baptized by those members. we also had 2 investigators at the baptism Kamaawa and Tebwebwe so that was really good for them to see that.

To help the work keep going we ave been taking advantage of having 3 missionaries in this area, Elders Grant, Emor and I. Almost every day Marako has been coming on splits with us and its been really great. He's a really good guy, just put in his papers and waiting for his call, I cant wait to see where he goes.

Our investigators are going well, Tebwebwe is amazing, shes already up to Alma in the book of Mormon. Her marriage papers are in so she'll be married and baptized by the 8th of October hopefully, it will be her and daughter being baptized but we are trying so hard to get the husband involved, he's a great guy, I've talked to him a couple of times but he's an alcoholic and Tebwebwe really wants him to stop. So yesterday we fasted with her for her husband.

Got a couple of new investigators and they are all potential complete families which we are really excited about. Nei Kamaawa will be baptized this Saturday she's a referral from Nei Tekabutara so its good to see recent converts then introducing their friends to the gospel.

So my Birthday was chill, Wednesday was surprised by my zone with cake and then in the middle taking photos with the cake your parcel arrived! Sister Jenks (senior missionary) just walks in and hands me the box so its a miracle it came a day before my birthday. Thursday was just normal day work, nothing special just birthday wishes from other missionaries, didn't tell anyone from the ward so was no celebrations and on Friday was given another cake by the sister training leaders so had plenty of cake. I actually ended taking that cake to members the day after my birthday and they got pretty mad that they weren't informed, but all well next time ;p

So that's about it thanks for the birthday wishes,

Love Elder Berends.






No comments:

Post a Comment