Monday 4 July 2016

Week 42 - Tarawa, Teaoraereke (Companion: Elder Graham)

Email dated: July 4, 2016
Sup,

After 6 months of waiting for my Christmas Parcel to arrive, it finally came with everything intact, camera is working, food is good, thanks for the glasses. I'm trying my best with the camera and I got 2 nice photo, on of the sunset and one of my grandma.

For 4th of July, I don't think there is anything special happening, I think we are more exciting for Kiribati independence day, 12 July

I really love this place so much I'm dreading the day I have to leave it... but so ya'lls
know i still love ya :P haha

Anyways, the work is progressing really well! Finding a really good balance of missionary work and zone leader stuff. Somebody said if Zone Leader stuff is getting in the way of your investigators, you're doing something wrong and that has really stuck with me. 

We have some really good investigator, 7 of them at church yesterday! On the 16th Kammari is being baptized, she actually got kicked out of home for taking lessons with us, but despite that she is so faithful, its amazing. We had some really great progression with a lot of our investigators that we where losing hope in.

This one lady, Nei Uati, she has being taking lesson for a very long time and she had been dropped. But Elder Whitehead when he was here told me to take another shot at her so we did, and for the first time ever she said a pray in our lesson, spirit was so strong, and then she came to church!! Just goes to show that a lot of missionary work is just planting the seed. All the missionaries before planted the seed and this time Elder Graham and I are the lucky ones to see it grow. 

Also we had a Member in our ward invite a Japanese Lady (who is dietitian helping Kiribati people have a better diet), to church on Sunday and she came. Her name is Emi, and she is so cool, not very good at English but she said she is happy to take lessons with us, so we set up a time for Tuesday! Really excited but scared at the same time, never taught in English before, I cant even pray in English anymore!

New Mission President comes to Tarawa on Sunday 10th. 

(Mum) Last requests for parcel... make sure the pentax camera is in there ;) with film. And Allens chico baby things, hahaha

So yeah, work is amazing here, Missionary work had turned me into a workaholic, I'm obsessed with planning, and i hate not being productive... so hopefully these habits stay with me until after the mission.

Love you guys,

Elder Berends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment