Monday 16 May 2016

Week 35 - Kiritimati, Tabakaia 1st (Companion: Elder Miller)

Email dated: May 16, 2016


Busy P-day here, as it is my last in Kiritimati, but ill try write as much as I can.
This week was really good, so sad to be leaving. Aretana got baptized this week and he is already coming out on splits with us! Love that guy so much.


Moannara will be getting baptized this Saturday, so mad I'm going to miss that. She really wanted to get baptized before I left as well. But I guess that's how missionary work is, you get to know and help these people and then you leave them.


There was a karaure on Friday for me (go away party). So sick, it was put on by the YSA and youth and there was some sick performances, and so many of our investigators came, Rutio, Aretana, Oiliin, Akineti, Beeta, Moannara and half of them were a part of the performances. It sucks so bad that I'm going to miss all of their baptisms.
Wednesday, I will be flying for Fiji. Battery charger still hasn't come, last chance will be on the Wednesday morning flight when the plane comes from Fiji then heads to Hawaii before it come back through to take me to Fiji.
So yeah leaving this area sucks, but I do feel I have left this area stronger, I was going through all the people at the Karaure, and a lot of them there were recent converts, investigators and a couple who we reactivated.
Well sorry this email is lame but gotta spend as much time with these people before I leave them.
See you later when I'm in Tarawa.
Love Elder Berends 






No comments:

Post a Comment